Monday, April 21, 2008

here we go again.

why is it that your life can be so boring for so long and then all of a sudden, out of nowhere, there's more than you can handle? it's crazy.

i want school to let up so i can finally do all the writing i want to...but there's really no relief in sight. it's just that i have so much i want to do...now...that it's frustrating to sit around studying all the time! i want to get crackin'...i want to hit the road. if you're just stumbling across my blog, allow me to take this moment to shamelessly self-promote myself a little by asking you to please add me on blogger, add me on myspace, follow me on tweeter or pownce, whatever you can, please do it...because around the second half of summer, i want to start planning a tour of the comedy clubs, coming to your town, telling you about my obsession with meshach taylor or whatever.

anyway, on to the stuff you want to read about...like how i watched "super high me" yesterday and developed a new affection for doug benson. sure i thought he was pretty funny on best week ever, but this man's stand-up is great. his style is probably the closest to what i would love to do with stand-up because sure he has some jokes, but he's also just naturally pretty funny, and so a lot of his material is just recounting things that actually happened in his day or recently in his life...i've always wanted to go that route, and definitely have parts of my sets that are like that, but i still feel like i "write out" my stuff, whereas doug just lets it flow. he's very good, and super high me is entertaining, even if only for all the cameos it brings to the table.

i also ate at cracker barrel, and my longtime desire to write a book called: " "my boyfriend works on dirt bikes" and other ways to know you're failing life." returned with full force.

i leave you (once again) with a video courtesy of funny or die. i promise i will return with more classic greatness soon, but i am just TOO excited about the kids in the hall making new sketches! i [hopefully] get to see them live this week which will make the second time i've seen them live....it's gonna be amazing...

1 comment:

Daniel said...

Consider yourself added on blogger, then. Do you have any video of your standup on youtube or anything? I'm in Australia, so I doubt you'll be in my town soon, haha.